Thursday, June 24, 2004

Happy Veemas Eve!

Well, folks, it is another 6 months to Christmas Eve. Which means that today is 1/2 Christmas Eve. Which means that it's 1/2 X-mas Eve. Which means that it's V-mas Eve!

Oh man, have I got some crazy Veemas Eve memories, like the one year my mom severely overcooked the peacock and we all had to eat cereal instead. We were all in such down moods, because, you know, we had waited all year for another peacock dinner, and it was ruined. So we're all sitting around the table. I was eating Corn Flakes. My sister snaps at me, "Stop kicking my feet!" So I was like, "Am not! Am not!" My sister takes a spoonful of Captain Crunch, gives me the nastiest glare you've ever seen, and flings it at me. It hits me square on the forhead! I've got milk and soggy little Captain Crunches runnin' down face. I take a spoonful of my Corn Flakes, and I fling it over at my sister. It goes right over her head and splats on a picture of Grandpa on the wall. My sister is cracking up, pointing her finger at me like a little brat. I get so upset that I take my whole bowl of Corn Flakes and dump it on my sister's head! This whole time, our dad is just shouting and shouting, telling us to stop it. Too late, right? Well, right as my sister is about to pick up her own bowl, my dad reaches across the table to try and stop her. He knocks over his hot coffee, spills all over his lap. This makes my dad shout out in pain, so loud and sudden that it freaks my mom out. She drops her glass of water on the floor. It shatters. And now, it's all over. My dad is throwing spoonfuls of cereal at me. My sister is flinging blueberry jam at my mom. Mom goes for dad, I go for my sister and we just start making a mess of the dining room. This goes on for a minute or so. Then my uncle, who we had all forgotten about because he had been sitting on the pot for the last 5 minutes, he sneaks into the kitchen and grabs the burnt peacock. So here are all the rest of us in the middle of a Veemas Eve food fight. My uncle walks up behind my dad. He takes a big swing and just pummels my dad with the peacock to the side of his head. Everybody stops. We're all completely stunned. And then, of course, we just start laughing. I don't think I've ever seen my dad laugh so hard in my life. I thought he was gonna pass out. Anyway, we were all happy once again, and we went bowling. I'll never forget it.

So, now I wish a very mirthful Veemas Eve to all my readers. Kids, you all go on to bed now. You don't want Old Mr. Sneezlebums to pass up your house because you're still awake!

No comments: