Monday, September 13, 2004

Is it me?

"Look back I sift through all the cliques
Roaming the halls all year making me sick
While everyone's out trying to make the cut
What
And when you think you know me right
I switch it up"
-Deftones -- 'Back to School (Mini Maggot)'

I'm like a superhero. I'll change on you so fast. I've got so many identities, you couldn't track me down if you tried. You go ahead and go out there into the world. Move to the big city. Follow your dreams. Find yourself. Try out for cheerleading. Force yourself into that circle of friends. Laugh at the things they're laughing at. Go out on the town in a limo. You think I'm looking at you for acceptance? I'm trying to figure out a mathematical equation for the distance between your stupid proud smile and the knot in your stomach that keeps telling you that someone's gonna find you out.

And you know what? I'll even play your game. And I'll play it better than you ever could. All I gotta do is switch hats and you'll think I'm 2 Dangerous! Maybe I'll walk outta the house in my beanie and you won't even wanna talk to me. You can make your judgements. But I figured out all your psychological puppet strings. Sorry. You're gonna have to think like me if you wanna figure me out. And if you do wanna figure me out, happy hunting. Maybe we could go out for a beer, talk about our dreams, talk about how stupid everybody is. How do you know I won't flip your ego too? Please...

No comments: